Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Caitlin has a bad habit of calling me Eeyore, which sometimes makes me kind of angry, but other times I think she's probably right. Although, it's hard for me to be optimistic about a lot of things when I'm sick. I finally packed yesterday, which was not quite as daunting a task as I expected, even in light of feeling like my head was about to explode. In between dizzy spells and hacking up bits of green slime I managed to get everything done, including a farewell bike ride through the hood and to the bike shop to get new handlebar tape. Spent the night in Phoenix last night at my parents' house, and I remembered all of the things I forgot to pack. Che disastro! Luckily my apartment isn't that far away and I was planning on going back to Tempe on Thursday anyway. I was thinking I might re-pack before I leave. See if I can fit everything into a carry-on, and then I don't have to worry about lost luggage. I don't know, though, I'm indecisive in situations like this. I am also completely baffled by the list of prohibited and permitted items on the Transportation Security Administration website. The government is apparently trying to tell me that I can bring a lighter, a pack of matches, scissors with sharp tips less than 4 inches long, razors, and a small cartridge of compressed gas, but not a water bottle. You've got to be kidding.

I guess I have nothing else to complain about, and besides it's hard to focus when my sister is playing terrible hip-hop music very loudly in the next room over.

No comments: